Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Growth & Blessings

WOW! Where do I begin?!?!

GROWTH

Well first, I am back to work from an AWESOME vacation in Europe taken with my wonderful Godmother. It was my first trip abroad, but not my first out of the country. I, along with my Godmother and her cousin went on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise and my best adjective to describe the trip is WOW! We left on the 19th of July and got back on the 3rd of August and in that time we:

Went to the Vatican
Went to the Coliseum
Saw the place where Cesar is buried, and
Visited where the Roman Chariot games were held

Then we got on a cruise ship and:
Went to ruins of Pompeii in Naples, Italy;
Visited the old city in Dubrovnik, Croatia (sleeper city y’all)
Rode in gondolas in Venice, Italy
Had amazing Gelato in Messina, Sicily
Bought Majorca Pearls in Barcelona, Spain
Visited the Palace in Monaco
Gambled in Monte Carlo (I won 347 Euro (about 600 bucks U.S.)
Bought leather in the market places of Florence, Italy, and (I lost ma' mind)
Climbed the 290 steps of the leaning tower of Pisa

Each day offered something fun, exciting and awe inspiring. I got to see all of the things I’ve read about in books or have seen in movies, up close and personal. It was a blessing to go and a joy to spend it with the folks I love.

I could not have asked for a better summer trip and it was at a time when I REALLY needed it. I got to rest, enjoy my time off and see parts of the world I’ve only read about.

BLESSINGS

I’m on the Board of Directors for the California Sickle Disease Foundation of Californiaand I’ve been nominated for a scholarship to attend the 36th Annual Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc Convention in New Orleans, LA! If I get it, I’mma act a fool in the Big Easy. Got friends there and already know my way around so the Convention will be the way to learn about the cause I so love, spend time with folks I love and second line ma’ butt off! Add me to your best wishes/prayers and thoughts list J

AND…

If that’s not exciting enough, I interview for my University teaching position next Saturday. It’s an extensive interview. 15 minute interview with a faculty member in my field, a 30 minute discussion group where we have to come to a consensus on a topic as a group (other candidates will participate as well) and I have to prepare a lesson plan and teach a 15 minute class relating to my field and engage the other candidates and review faculty. Can I tell you how excited I am!!! I don’t want the job for the money, I want it for the opportunity to share with others what I’ve learned and help them grow in business.

I’ll update soon!

Until I get another chance to blog.
Be blessed AND good to yourself!
Isha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you on all of your wonderful endeavors!!! My sorority donates faithfully to the Sickle Cell Foundation...maybe I'll see ya down there...attending Saints home game against 49ers!!

Isha said...

@ msdegrate1...We appreciate all of the support. It is a cause close to my heart, my younger brother has it. I got a meeting tonight!