Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bitter Sweet Day

Today is a day of bitter sweets, but I guess that’s life

I’m excited that I passed the Faculty Assessment and will be a Professor/Instructor come November, but sad that I don’t have my parents and grandparents to share it with.

I’m excited that Obama is heading into a part of American history that was only dreamed of 50 years ago, but saddened that those who truly fought and died to make it happen are missing the joy of this celebration here on earth. Can you imagine the Energy of the day if Martin, Malcolm, Medger, Emmit and so many others were there, front and center as tributed guests this evening? Oh the joy and tears.

Excited about the possibilities of life without the connection to a painful relationship, but saddened that I have to let someone I love go to move forward.

Today is Bitter Sweet, but I guess that’s life.

No comments: